Sunday, March 18, 2007

Morning commute

When I returned this morning to Newark Penn Station I decided to walk home. Reaching a destination (like my apartment) is my best motivation to exercise. Ordinarily a brilliant idea, less so when there is nearly a foot of snow on the sidewalk and one is attempting to pull a rolling suitcase through it. Inevitably, my high heel sank into a puddle, drenching my foot. I walked the rest of the way home with a wet foot in 20-something weather. Hold a good thought for me, friends, that I might not go the way of fellow Texan Baby Jessica in that I will be able to retain all of my toes.

Tonight I will rest my head in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

On an unrelated note, Yahoo is messing with my head. Thus, my new e-mail address is bales.sk@gmail.com

No comments: