Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recent adventure


I just got back from a trip to Tel Aviv. While in Israel I took a bus to Jerusalem and took a hop on-hop off bus tour through the city. It was very surreal to be walking around Jerusalem where Jesus walked. The bus tour identified important sites such as where Jesus ascended into heaven, the temple where he hid with his disciples from the Romans, the Mount of Olives, and where King David is buried. I hopped off the bus to walk around the Old City for a few hours, looking fairly Biblical (I was wearing a scarf over my head) and evidently fairly local because different people approached me for directions while I was there. I asked a colleague if I looked Israeli and he said, "You could pass for Ashkenazi."
Strangers: Excuse me, can you tell me where is the Garden of Gethsemane?
Me (in my head): Um, I think in Matthew?

No comments: