Friday, April 6, 2007

Noor in New York

I am excited this morning because my bosom friend Noor Zwayne is coming for a visit this afternoon. This is a break that she needs because she is graduating from UT in May and has been feeling very stressed and worried about the uncertainty that lies beyond university. I have confidence in her future as she is very bright and talented. At a certain age, virtually everyone you meet has a few 'If someone told me ten years ago that I'd be ____, I'd have told him that he was crazy' stories. This remains true for me on a much shorter time frame. If someone told me six months ago that I'd be living in Newark, I'd have told him he was crazy. I did move from lovely and warm Austin, Texas to slightly-less-lovely Newark, New Jersey. It is I who must be certifiable.

No comments: