Friday, May 11, 2007

Toilet Paper

“I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting.” Encouragingly, she continues: “I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required.”

This is a recent quote from Sheryl Crow, which she claims was a joke (I am dubious as I fervently believe that a joke requires an element of humor). It did, however, make me nostalgic for a former roommate who uses more toilet paper than anyone I ever met before. It also reminded me of my recent environmentalist roommate who exclusively used organic soaps, household cleaners, makeup, and food products and bought Seventh Generation recycled toilet paper. As soon as she moved, I went to the grocery store to buy paper towels (shameful) and two-ply soft toilet paper (deplorable).

No comments: